3 Day Week (20 Hours)
The Accounts Assistant works on the day-to-day activities of the finance department within a team, ensuring the company finance function is organised and efficient. The finance team will drive the development of and adhere to company policies and internal controls to maximise financial control and minimise risk exposure allowing senior management to make informed business decisions and develop a strategy for the growth of an ambitious company.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparing sales invoices working in conjunction with the sales team.
- Credit control.
- Preparing month and quarter-end reports for external auditors working with the Accounts Manager.
- Processing and managing purchase orders.
- Working with the sales team ensuring new supplier & customer onboarding process is adhered to.
- Assisting the Accounts Manager with VAT returns for both Revenue & HMRC.
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliation of payments made, received and all other financial transactions and outgoings.
- Following up on aged debtor accounts.
- Reconciling creditor accounts before payments are processed and approved.
- Develop skills in using the Pegasus Opera 3 software, experience favourable but not essential.
- Perform related work as required
- Sound mathematical skills.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to think logically and methodically.
- Good interpersonal skills and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Decision making ability coupled with the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Produce high quality work at all times in accordance with ISO 9001 (Quality Management System – Document Management).
- Produce high quality work rate at all times in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Ability to adapt to relevant software packages for both financial and payroll function
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website. This Employer is not offering Visa assistance for candidates looking to relocate to Ireland.