One of the most reputable Accountancy Practices in Cork City & County are actively looking to hire multiple Trainees who are actively seeking a career in Accountancy by pursuing their ACA / ACCA / CPA Professional Exams. This Practice are offering a very competitive starting salary PLUS a Training Contract comprising of Exam & Tuition Fees paid in Full PLUS Institute Guideline Study Leave per Subject taken.
The work would initially comprise of the following training around the source financial information:
- Data inputting using various software packages, Relate, Surf Sage, Excel, QuickBooks etc.
- Bank transactions – setting up payments, reconciliations etc
- Raising sales invoices
- Recording of receipts and reconciliation of cash/credit card receipts
- Understanding of the client financial reporting & controls
- Understanding of the key contracts & personnel within the industry
This role would develop to include:
- Preparation of VAT, PAYE, Income Tax, Corporation Tax and other Tax returns as they fall due
- Prepare Sole Trader & Partnership Accounts
- Preparation of periodic management accounts
- Preparation of year-end accounts to review stage by the Partner/Manager
- Prepare audit work to completion stage for review by the Partner/manager
- Company secretarial matters, annual returns etc.
- Supervision and training of other less experience staff members on your team
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis
Key attributes expected in Successful Applicants include:
- Bachelor of Business Studies, Commerce or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Time Management skills
- Team Player and Adaptable
- Excellent Communication skills, both with staff and clients
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.