One of the major players in the Marine Agent & Freight Brokers Industry based in the Mid-West are actively looking for a Financial Accountant.
This role is responsible for managing the Finance and Accounting functions across the Company with specific responsibility for maintaining strong financial controls and supporting the business on a commercial level. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and committed individual with the ability to efficiently manage, while working well in a fast-paced environment and adhering to strict deadlines.
The Successful Candidate will have to be dynamic, disciplined and have the capability to assist, advise and manage day-to-day operations.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Manage the day-to-day Financial Operations of the Company including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger Accounting.
- Manage Cash Flow and oversee the Company’s banking relationships.
- Preparation of VAT Reports and other regulatory reports as required.
- Manage relationships with customers to facilitate smooth operations by effectively addressing their requests.
- Management of the working capital and overseeing the treasury function.
- Drive the Annual Budgeting Process / Quarterly Budgeting in a second location close to Limerick.
- Partnering with Operations Management to identify operational improvement.
- Oversee the completion of the annual Audit.
- Work and liaise with external auditors to ensure accurate and timely completion of annual audits and various VAT Reports (Multiple different VAT rates due to EU Sales, Imports etc.).
- Ad hoc project engagement.
- Professional Accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc.) with 1 – 2 years Post Qualification (PQE) Industry experience (Preferable).
- Previous Process Management Experience.
- Visa Authorization to work in Ireland.
- Fluent English.
- Strong IT Skills and use of Sage Line 50 (Preferable).
- Knowledge of / prior experience working in Logistics would be advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; (verbal, written and presentations).
- Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and understand key variables to minimize risk.
- Self – starter with a high level of diligence and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Goal oriented results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion.
- Realistic and pragmatic approach to objectives.
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively at all levels within the organization.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website. This Employer is not offering Visa assistance for candidates looking to relocate to Ireland.