- Assists management in maintaining a comprehensive monitoring program and conducting a wide range of administrative and monitoring activities across both Custodians and Fund Managers (including their delegates).
- Oversees the implementation of the Depositary’s fund oversight model aimed at ensuring all client funds comply with the relevant regulatory and fund-specific documentation.
- Oversees the production of Trustee reports for funds for each period and/or year-end.
- Oversees the preparation of reporting requirements for the Board of the Fund. Assist the Manager in the day to day operations.
- Oversees and assists with the investigation of pricing and other errors on the funds ensuring they are brought to satisfactory conclusion, documenting them in breach/error reports.
- Assists the Manager in review and sign off on level H/G’s administrative duties.
- Deputizes in the absence of he Manager.
- Attends Client meetings when required.
- Assists in the development of team members by training and developing in the associated tasks, using coaching skills where necessary.
- Provides feedback on performance to the Manager against objectives, PMP‘s and staff development plans.
- Attends role relevant courses whenever required.
- Oversees the completion of a number of administrative duties within the team.
- No direct reports, provides guidance to less experienced team members as needed.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor‘s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.5-7 years of total work experience is preferred.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
- Full time contract of employment
- Module of work: Hybrid
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.